Love Is In The Air, PS-04, original, 80's pop

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Love Is In The Air, PS-04, original, 80's pop

Post by Beatnick » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:47 pm

This is the very first song I ever wrote back in 1986. The original was much slower and played on piano though. Early in the 2000s I started taking my guitar playing more seriously and got a Yamaha QY-100 sequencer. That's when I reworked the song to the way you hear it here.

The recording was done on the Zoom PS-04, probably around 2004. I think it was one of the first recordings I did after I got the PS-04. The drums, bass and all keyboards were first done on the Yamaha QY-100 probably a year or so earlier. The entire backing track was put on tracks 1 and 2 in stereo I believe. The other 2 tracks were the guitar and vocals. I don't think I was using audacity yet so I'm pretty sure all the mixing and vocal effects were done on the PS-04. I think I ran a line out of the PS-04 to my PC and did the final mix that way.

I hope you enjoy it. Of course, being the first song I completed it's very personal to me (There are snippets of one unfinished song before that, but it's just some lyrics and a melody. I never put music to it. I've often said I should revisit that one because I do still remember most of it.)

Watch the music video for Love Is In The Air

Listen to Love Is In The Air on Bandcamp

Listen to Love Is In The Air on Soundcloud
0 x
My YouTube channel
Beatnick's Odyssey on Bandcamp
Beatnick's Odyssey on SoundCloud

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Love Is In The Air, PS-04, original, 80's pop

Post by Lungfruit » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:05 pm

It definitely has an 80s vibe with drums. The recording is very good considering you had only two tracks to work with. That’s a feat in itself! Nice stuff.
1 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Beatnick » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:30 am

I was definitely going for the 80s feel with the drums, bass and arpeggiator (I didn't have an actual arpeggiator though, I had to program that myself). I kind of had Duran Duran in mind when I made this version of this song. I think there were 5 or 6 tracks on the sequencer that were on tracks one and two. After that I only needed 2 tracks. One for guitar and one for vocals.
0 x
My YouTube channel

Beatnick
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Beatnick » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:51 am

I swear, Google watches what you type. Not long after I typed that last message I got a suggestion from YouTube on a Duran Duran video.
0 x
My YouTube channel