Rock n' Blues

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks

Strats or Tele's

Strat
75%
Tele
25%

Total votes: 4

Dan
member in good standing
member in good standing

Rock n' Blues

Post by Dan » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:55 am

Yo if any one has any Bluesy rock tunes recorded on a PS-02 id love to hear from you to see just how the PS-02 can handle them, go on persuade me to get 1 :wink:
0 x
Hey, If anyone has any blues tracks recorded on a PS-02 or PS-04 send em to me please. would love to hear from you.

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:00 pm

Strats are nice, but if you are a less than perfect player it shows. Teles look great and I prefer the simplicity and sound. The pickup selectors on strats tend to crap out quicker than Teles. And don't talk to me about trem units. I gave up on those.
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

Post by MatBio » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:49 pm

Neither, Les Pauls... Listen to one on my soundclick page. I didn't use PS04 patches, just as a recorder, sorry.
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

manzana
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by manzana » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:57 pm

Nothing is better than a fender strat!
I think the zoom patches are not that good. I also use my zoom mrs 1044 just as a recorder. the best solution on guitar sound is a Line 6 pod or a microamp!
0 x

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:18 pm

Les Paul no doubt( even though i play an Epi LP)..it still smokes a strat :wink: Get a POD..they're cheap and get a good array of sounds
0 x

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

Post by MatBio » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:29 pm

Riffmaster wrote:Les Paul no doubt( even though i play an Epi LP)..it still smokes a strat :wink: Get a POD..they're cheap and get a good array of sounds
I knew we would agree on something :wink:
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

Dragondicer
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Dragondicer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:53 am

STRATS!! (you didn't mention Les Pauls, they're freakin' great sounding, too, I just can't get used to how they feel in the hand!!).

I'm a passIonate Strat fan!! They're much more fleXIBLE IN Sounds!!!

As far as the trems are concerned:

They are easy to handle if you mount a Trem Converter (Fender) or a Blackbox (Rockinger, Germany)!! You'll have the bell-like chiming sound of a "floating" trem combined with the playing feel and stability of a hard tail version!!!!

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!!!!!! :^:

Image<---- CLICK!

Picture of a Rockinger Blackbox mounted inside the trem spring cavity of my "Pearl" Strat (the Texas Special)! It stabilizes the trem which still can be used (with higher force) in both directions. It always returns into a fixed position, hence increases tuining stability after use (your nut must be filed perfectly, too!).
If a string breaks you can still play on, the guitar stays in tune like a hard tail.
No tuning changes on bending notes!!! (important especially in Blues!)
I freakin' love that Blackbox. It's easily installed with two small screws and the help guide makes it easy to set/adjust.
Problem is: it gets pretty expensive overseas and Rockinger asks for at least a 25 Euro purchase to send overseas at all! (The Blackbox is about 18 Euros ( approx. 20 US$)

So I guess the Fender Trem Converter would be next choice in USA (but I don't know how good it is, I have no experience with it!)
I have my doubts, since it simply replaces one trem spring and is not fixed to the body!! :roll:
This sounds less stable to me, but I don't know.... :roll:

All my songs were recorded on a PS-04, using either of my both Strats (or even both of them!).
Except for "Heavy Blues" they were recorded direct in!
0 x

Dragondicer
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Dragondicer » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:00 am

MatBio wrote:Les Paul no doubt( even though i play an Epi LP)..it still smokes a strat :wink:
Don't want to start that "old discussion" again! :wink:

Just want to mention that both have their qualities, depending on the sound you're looking for. If I could get to feel comfortable with a LP, I would have one, too!!! :^:
You'll never get that roaring humbucker sound like with a Les Paul when using a Strat! But that in no way means that you can't get a fat sound out of a Strat!!! They're just two totally different sounds, which I both love!!!
0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:07 pm

Strats have clarity on every string. I love teles for chords and if yer a chicken picker they work well. All said I use the LP styles these days, much more forgiving although I thing the lower string is never as defined like a strat. My favorite guitar is my Teisco Del Ray E200 made in 1967. It doesn't sound like anything else. Next would be my Danelectro Pro 1 (1963).
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.

Blues Jr
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Blues Jr » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:18 am

I have 2 Strats. I used to have a Les Paul, SG, & a Tele too. They all went, and the Strats stay:)
0 x