Should I merge the 2 New Songs forums (zoom and non-zoom)???

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks

Should I merge the 2 New Songs forums (zoom and non-zoom)

Yes, please put it all in one big happy forum
67%
No, leave it the way it is, don't mess with a good thing
33%

Total votes: 15

Howard
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Howard » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:59 pm

I'll say one thing about leaving it as is - it got me to finally record something on the PS-04.

I actually felt guilty not posting any songs but commenting on others. Well, yes, I had posted three "beginner" songs, instrumentals, but I'm talking an entire song, start to finish, original lyrics and music. I felt inspired and guilty at the same time, so when it came time to record another song, I did it on the PS-04, and I'm glad I did.

I had recorded a number of songs before that on my computer, using various software. I could have posted them in the More Music section, but felt this was really a Zoom users forum anyway. I didn't mind others posting non Zoom creations, I just didn't want to do it.

Before I cast my vote to say "No, leave it the way it is, don't mess with a good thing," I just wanted to share why.

Howard
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:14 pm

tonyoci wrote:
Yes I want to remember to look so I can review Omegaman's songs.

Tony
Boy tony, now I feel special! actually in the process of uploading one now... where to post, hmmm where to post...

no no zoom products were used, and yes I have violated the rules, once just to see if anyone would notice... and someone (nudge nudge wink wink) did.

back to the dungeon.
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

TONY!!!

Post by Omegaman » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:40 pm

just wanted you to know I posted a new tune in the dungeon... :lol:
0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:06 pm

Post it in the HMHS section, Bill. I double dog dare ya. Ever see the film "Stand By Me"?

Tony's right (did I say that?). It seems exclusive to put fine creations in the cellar just because we didn't use Zoom. I'm thirsty....now where's that non-Zoom fountain?

BTW: Hanging chads will only be counted if they are a 'merge it, baby' vote. Others are disqualified.
0 x
Music's never been a hobby to me- it's a pure joy.

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Re: TONY!!!

Post by tonyoci » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:42 pm

Omegaman wrote:just wanted you to know I posted a new tune in the dungeon... :lol:
Did someone say something, I would swear I heard something, echoey, distant, weird
0 x

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:07 pm

[quote="tonyoci
Did someone say something, I would swear I heard something, echoey, distant, weird[/quote]

No. I haven't recorded anything lately.
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:14 pm

tonyoci wrote:
Omegaman wrote:just wanted you to know I posted a new tune in the dungeon... :lol:
Did someone say something, I would swear I heard something, echoey, distant, weird
no no no, it's Strange Weather... STRANGE Weather
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:51 am

I know this is supposed to be a Zoom forum but judging by earlier comments it has expanded and developed into something much more than that.

It's a place to swap ideas, share your music and hear other people's. As Tony said it's also a place to hang out and shoot the breeze (thanks Chas) and the idea of a single "New Songs" forum seems to make sense to me as long as people make it clear what equipment they've used.

Of course those of us that do use Zoom should automatically be bumped every day and not have to review any other tunes and everyone else should only be allowed to post one song for every 10 they review :wink:

No seriously, it's a great forum and I'd suggest trying out a single "New Songs" forum and see how it goes. If it doesn't work then go back to the previous set up if it hasn't descended into anarchy and civil war by that time :D

Edit : Only 11 votes and nearly 1600 members ????

Cheers

Dick
Last edited by dickl on Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

sambo
Jedi
Jedi

Post by sambo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:57 am

well i see what everyone is saying- the merging goes with the ethics and moral way that this forum is moving.... but i dont see it actually doing much....

why merge and have to be really clear in your song names when you can have two separate sections so people INSTANTLY know whether a recording was zoom/non-zoom?

NOTE: also, people describing it as the 'dungeon'- the 'more songs' section- and saying that they want to save people by merging the two...

surely if these people that need to be 'saved' post in the right section (non-zoom section) then the regulars that like to listen to their music will start to browse the more music section MORE when looking for their mates songs and therefore turn it around from being the 'dungeon'.... does that make sense ^?

all thats standing in the way of the two sections working seems to be the members- they/we just have to frequent the 'more music' section and then it will stop being the 'dungeon'... but to encourage the members (us) to do this, then people (specifcally the regulars that are 'breaking the rules') need to be posting in the right section....

see?
0 x
Zoetrope wrote: "Sambo sneaks back in, and no one notices"

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:14 am

Sambo, do you know the kind of weirdos who inhabit places like that? The Village People. That's who. Think I ran into Gary Glitter there.
0 x

sambo
Jedi
Jedi

Post by sambo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:16 am

:lol:
0 x

shaft
dues paid
dues paid

Post by shaft » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:09 pm

hello! im not sure
but thanks for the question
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:15 pm

I vote no. What's the point of a "Zoom " board then? I probably will be out voted but, if you you do, change the name then to the Whatever Discussion. OK? :arrow:
Last edited by Sungodv on Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

Rick Jones
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Rick Jones » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:06 pm

Sun, you know we all use Zoom exclusively. :wink: I call what I do music, and no one's ever challenged that. :lol:
0 x

sambo
Jedi
Jedi

Post by sambo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:00 am

thank you sungod geezer... thank you very much... someone seeing sense at last!!!!
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:07 am

..........sorry, that was the Tequila talking :nuts: .....still, it only makes sense to have the other forum separate. At least to this newbie..
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:07 am

..........sorry, that was the Tequila talking :nuts: .....still, it only makes sense to have the other forum separate. At least to this newbie..
0 x
My Songs