1st PS-04 RECORDING "Come on" original composition

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks

Any Cop?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 9

PeteG
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by PeteG » Wed May 31, 2006 7:36 pm

I thought this sounded quite good. I enjoyed listening to this and I, also, find it hard to believe that this is the first recording you've made on your PS-04. Well done!
0 x

Bluesygirl

Post by Bluesygirl » Wed May 31, 2006 8:07 pm

Nice 1st effort! I really dig the song - good hook and great guitar sound. I think the vocals and guitar bury the bass and drums a little bit but that could be just my ear.

What guitar presets did you use for the track?
0 x

Unstablxxx
The Force
The Force

Post by Unstablxxx » Wed May 31, 2006 10:39 pm

Very nice 'for a first effort'. The song has a very nice feel to it, but like Tony, I'd have liked to hear more stereo in the mix to give the ears some candy.

My one other issue is that the song seems to start too abruptly... maybe you trimmed a little too much.

Hey! That's the first time I've seen one of those $0.75's on one of our members songs! We're going commercial! Has anyone paid, yet, Colin?

Anyway, back to the song: Really solid work, lyrically, musically and production-wise. thanks for posting.
0 x
Mike
-
-
Rocketing towards 5000 posts without a care in the world!
-
-
My solo music | My Eljam music | My Studio Tour | Vocal Effect Demo | Kristal Tutorial

JoshP
dues paid
dues paid

Post by JoshP » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:09 am

Colin,
i KNOW others have said this but this song is just kick ass. You and yuor mate did an awesome job on the collab with insturments! i cant beleive that this is your first recording, unbeleivable. The vocals are pitched very nicely and the eq seems ery balanced throughout the song. Great job! looking forward to hearing more. josh
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:57 am

Is it a police officer? More like a Superintendent :D (or was that a Super Nintendo?) Anyway, whatever it's great first offering.

Good hook, a bit ragged in places (not much of a crit from a man whose middle name is "sloppy" 8) ) but an excellent song.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

steveb

Post by steveb » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:25 am

This is very good - especially for a first recording - the song is very strong - the transition to the chorus is very good as it lifts the song very well - in fact there are a number of different moods you get in the song and that generates good interest - I think you should be very pleased with what you have achieved.

Steve
0 x

mcsloyc

Post by mcsloyc » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:03 am

Bluesygirl wrote:Nice 1st effort! I really dig the song - good hook and great guitar sound. I think the vocals and guitar bury the bass and drums a little bit but that could be just my ear.

What guitar presets did you use for the track?
Matcru guitar setting on track, plus messed around with the parameters and eq a bit as well. Thanks for the feedback
0 x

storpotaten
Yoda
Yoda

Post by storpotaten » Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:19 pm

Great song, nice swing to it and an impressive first effort! :^: The guitar is a little loud and IMHO a little too much up front while the vocals could be slightly louder. My current listening equipment is crap so these things are exaggerated (spelling?). And it sounds a mono too, but maybe that is on my side?

Keep posting, please!
0 x

chf
Yoda
Yoda

Post by chf » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:44 pm

Hey Colin thanks for putting No Thanks onto your Radio Station. That's cool!

When are we going to hear some more from you?

Chas
0 x

string-theorist

Post by string-theorist » Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:56 pm

on a ps-04 huh? first one?
:shock:

pretty good dude! infectious tune.
it's encouraging that you did it ALL on the PS04 (i just got an mrs8).

Serge
0 x

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

Post by MatBio » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:11 pm

I like it! I don't like the direct recording on the guitar, it sounds harsh and out of place. Interesting that Zoom metronome sound. I think changing the guitar sound would make this song so much better.
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

mcsloyc

Post by mcsloyc » Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:03 pm

chf wrote:Hey Colin thanks for putting No Thanks onto your Radio Station. That's cool!

When are we going to hear some more from you?

Chas
I have a song I am about to put some bass on and redo the vocals on. Song and performance wise I don't think it is as strong as come on but I'm gonna put it up anyway, should be finished within the next week fingers crossed.
0 x

petedeuxwheels
The Force
The Force
Location: Denmark: a Scots turnip living next to a bunch of Swedes

Post by petedeuxwheels » Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:34 pm

Away yersel wee man ... 'Any cop?' I think so ... especially for a first effort on the PS box :wink:

Bravo

Pete
0 x