Little Girl - PS-02

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks

Do you like it?

thumbs up
67%
neutral
No votes
thumbs down
33%

Total votes: 3

previousmember
been here a while
been here a while

Little Girl - PS-02

Post by previousmember » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:15 am

I started a new account at reverbnation.com after someone posted that site here. Here is a link to a song I recorded in 11/06. You need to have your pop-up blocker off for the player to launch. You can read the lyrics at the site.You can also read how the song came about on the blog. It is posted under a pseudonym I have chosen.

http://www.reverbnation.com/coyhiggins
0 x

petedeuxwheels
The Force
The Force
Location: Denmark: a Scots turnip living next to a bunch of Swedes

Re: Little Girl - PS-02

Post by petedeuxwheels » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:20 pm

Hey Previous.
Site played with no problems for me. Liked the guitar groove very much and the song is nicely done. Only thing that struck me was a certain sameness throughout, which made the song seem longer than it is (that sounds bad, sorry). I felt there could have been a bit more added by way of chord deviation, some harmonies, just something to pep it up in places and add a bit of sparkle ...

Otherwise very nicely performed with an authentic country-ish vocal.

Bravo

Pete
0 x

monty
Yoda
Yoda

Post by monty » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:41 pm

I turned the blocker off but it still wont play.
0 x
NEW REVIEWING TERMS-
If you reviewed my last song,I'll review your next one.Sorry,no exceptions.

Cracks wrote-"The thing to remember about this board is that most people here write songs too. We are not a passive listening audience who have bought tickets to be entertained.

Soundclick name:Angel White
http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/03/d ... tent=music

http://www.myspace.com/angelwhitemusic

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:59 pm

monty wrote:I turned the blocker off but it still wont play.
Ditto.
Unavailable for download! :cry:
John B.
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Unstablxxx
The Force
The Force

Post by Unstablxxx » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:19 pm

I got in, no prob. Fun song, sounds like a Springsteen/Jersey Shore song. Nice recording and pretty good performances. I do agree that it could have used another change at some point to refresh the ears.

Thanks for sharing...
0 x
Mike
-
-
Rocketing towards 5000 posts without a care in the world!
-
-
My solo music | My Eljam music | My Studio Tour | Vocal Effect Demo | Kristal Tutorial

previousmember
been here a while
been here a while

Post by previousmember » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:51 pm

Wow, now that you mention it it does sound like Springsteen. I've never owned one of his albums but am familiar with his sings and sound. Hope it doesn't sound too much like one of his. I realize the tempo is a bit too slow also. I bounced a lot of tracks and didn't want to start over.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:58 am

Couldn't see or hear anything...
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

Post by MatBio » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:25 pm

It has a nice country feel. Great tune. I think the mix need more work. The volume is too low. Since you have a single guitar it needs to cover more of the stereo field, to have a fuller sound.

gret tune!
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

Polly
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Polly » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:40 pm

I like the mellow, laid back, country feel here. The lyrics were fascinating and amusing in a strange, left field, kind of way. Some harmonies/2nd vocal part would give it an extra dimension. Or maybe bring in another sound to back the guitar up; it does sound a little lonely except for when the lead riff is played. This is a neat, sharp song. The hook is fine but what actually grabs me is the whole country feel. It just rolls along there and is neat slab (odd choice of word...) of song. 8)

I tried to listen a 2nd time but something strange happened and it all went dark. This is way past my bed time anyway. :shock:

Thumbs up.
0 x
Song writing is its own reward

previousmember
been here a while
been here a while

Post by previousmember » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:39 pm

Thanks to all who gave a listen. I am running WinXP media with Zone Alarm. All I had to do was shut off my zone alarm and the player loaded. I'm not sure why so many can't play it.

When I record songs I think of them as demos and purposely leave them naked for a raw feel. I can't solve the low audio issue. When I record it to encode it as an MP3 I adjust the volume to just below the red bars. Maybe I should try hitting them.
0 x

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:08 pm

Coy,

All I can say is "Coy Higgins" is like the closet thing to a quintessential country/southern rock name that I've ever heard! Real name? Wow man... Unfortunately, that's all I can say or do at this time because I can't get the song to play. :(

Any chance that you can upload it to soundclick? It's free and convenient. I held out for over a year before I opened an account. To be honest, I don't even remember why I waited now.

I'll check back for a listen…
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

Lee
The Force
The Force

Post by Lee » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:11 pm

Oh yeah, I voted thumbs down because of the player and to be a butthead. :lol: Can't wait to hear the song though... (southern rock is among my favorite genres).
0 x
"At one point, Lee made a surprisingly intelligent comment" - ferret
rock project (sc) | country stuff (sc)

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:19 pm

Lee wrote:Any chance that you can upload it to soundclick? It's free and convenient.
Plus it helps my stock. :D
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Unstablxxx
The Force
The Force

Post by Unstablxxx » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:23 pm

Came back for another listen and to cast my vote, which I had forgotten to do. (It's still a good song and it got a thumbs up from me.)

Thanks for posting and don't forget to review work from others here at the forum. The system only works if we all participate in both producing and thoughtfully reviewing each other's songs. (I'm playing Posting Police this week, so don't take it personally. It's just a reminder to a welcome new member. Thanks!)
0 x
Mike
-
-
Rocketing towards 5000 posts without a care in the world!
-
-
My solo music | My Eljam music | My Studio Tour | Vocal Effect Demo | Kristal Tutorial

previousmember
been here a while
been here a while

Post by previousmember » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:37 pm

Lee, I made the name up, see my first post. :P

This particular song is not Southern Rock. It's really played to a roots rock beat with a Country style vocal. The tempo is a bit too slow also. I suppose I can upload it to soundclick. I have an account there. Just would have to create another so-called "band" account. I'm a bit pressed for time these days. Maybe on the weekend. Thanks.
0 x

previousmember
been here a while
been here a while

Post by previousmember » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:39 pm

Mike, I may have missed your track but I have been posting feedback on songs listed here. Check my posting history.
0 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:05 am

Welcome previousmember (who were you in a previous life then?)

A tad long but really well done. I like the lead guitar. In the outro you've got a second guitar coming in and I'd have liked to heard a bit more of that but all in all a very pleasant listen.

Remarkable what you can do with a PS02 :)

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here