Problems Registering or logging in? read this

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problems Registering or logging in? read this

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:40 am

After you register you will get an email with additional instructions. Read the email, follow the instructions. This screens out bots and spammers. It also screens out people who don't follow instructions--not the intended effect, but there it is.

After you activate your account, you must post in "New Members Must Post Here". Can you guess why I named it that? Go to http://zoomforum.us/ and look for the big "Start Here" arrow. Read the instructions. Follow them. Then be patient. I will eventually approve your post and you'll have full forum access. This could take 5 minutes or 5 days. I have to manually approve each new member. It's time consuming. After your post is approved, "New Members Must Post Here" will disappear, never to be seen again. Magic!

Problem logging in or staying logged in?
99.9% of the time the problem can be solved by deleting your cookie and logging in again, setting a new cookie. In FireFox this is done by going to Tools/Options/Privacy and click on "Show Cookies". Select the cookie for zoomforum.us (and 2090.org if you have one) and delete it. Then return to this site and log in.

If you're still having problems registering or logging in email me at mw2090+help(at)gmail(dot)com
Change the (at) to @ and the (dot) to .
Don't change anything else, including that cute plus sign.

If you contact me, please make sure you tell me your user name.
I cannot do anything without your user name.

If you register and then don't post anything, your account will eventually be deactivated. Email me with your username if you want it activated again. This is an anti-spam measure, don't take it personally. If you wait too long, I'll delete your account. Again, nothing personal. If that happens you need to register all over again. So don't be a lurker. Participate!

If you are not registered, you cannot SEARCH the forum. If you do register, the search box is in the upper right hand corner.

I'm blocking a lot of IP addresses based on where the spammers are coming from. If I accidentally block yours, email me.

And please, make sure you are accessing the board at ZoomForum.us

Your friendly neighborhood Admin, Zoetrope.
Last edited by Zoetrope on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Oh, yeah, and if you change your email address in your profile, you might have to send me an email and let me know to re-activate your account.

Rock On

Polly
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: Problems Registering or logging in? read this

Post by Polly » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:21 am

I log in but it takes me back to previous page which is my log in page and I have to log in a again and get nowehere. Am I doing something wrong?
Song writing is its own reward

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:51 am

Delete cookies, clear out the cache, and try again.

Polly
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Polly » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:34 am

will do

James Ryce
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by James Ryce » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:27 pm

Polly wrote:I log in but it takes me back to previous page which is my log in page and I have to log in a again and get nowehere. Am I doing something wrong?
I had the same problem on my laptop. I just went in to my temp internet file folder and found the cokkie for this site and deleted it (rather then all my cookies). Worked like a charm.

James.
funky country boy.
Website http://www.jamesryce.com
NEW CD "James Ryce ... ALL MY BEST, PLUS 12 OTHER SONGS"
Sales via PayPal http://www.jamesryce.com/Purchase_The_Music.php

Polly
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Polly » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Cheers gents. It seems to have sorted itself for now but I'll remember the trick.

gwood
Yoda
Yoda

Post by gwood » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Here's what I found out--

When I get an email notification about a topic, there are two links. The first one takes me to the log in page, which won't work until I dump the cookies, which is a pain because it screws up my settings on other sites. I don't understand that stuff about removing only the cookie for this site. Even if I did, I wouldn't want to do it all the time.

The second link takes me to the topic, but I'm not logged in.

BUT! If I just access the site from my Favorites, and go to the topic I was notified about, I AM logged in.

So what's all this logging in for, anyway? It seems to be directly related to the email notification function. And dumping the cookies only keeps it working for a week or so. What's the point? So someone else doesn't get on the forum from my email?

Anyway, can someone reset something? Pleeeeeeeeeease?
Music by G. Wood/Undercover Bonobos (me!):
Bandcamp: http://oneoffrekerdz.bandcamp.com/

Polly
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Polly » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:54 am

Same thing happens to me. It has stopped me logging in on my works laptop.

But 8)

If I follow the link to be locked out. Go to the address bar and delete everything back to zoom.us. Click the green arrow next to that. Then go to the index page. It will let me log in at least.

I just found that out... :roll:

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:20 am

I suspect that the problem you describe is the result of there being two ways to access the forum, 2090.org and zoomforum.us. Your life will be easier if you choose one and stick with it, the preferred route being zoomforum.us. If you switch between them, things get goofy.

As for deleting cookies, there's no reason to delete all of them. Just follow the instructions above and only delete the cookies for zoomforum.us and 2090.org. You should NOT have to do this more than once. After that, always access the forum from zoomforum.us. If an email contains a link to 2090.org, don't click it.

I always access the forum by typing zoomforum.us into my browser and have no problems.

DPartrick
new to this board
new to this board

Post by DPartrick » Tue May 04, 2010 5:35 pm

I'm IN!

Thanks so much for your help Tony.

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Tue May 04, 2010 6:04 pm

More Mr Lord Almighty and Master of the Universe Zoetrope than me :)

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Tue May 04, 2010 8:23 pm

My pleasure. It was a team effort.