Free Amp 3 (Full)...another cool VST

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.

Well...

Poll ended at Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:27 pm

Yabba?
50%
Dabba?
No votes
Doo?
50%

Total votes: 2

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Free Amp 3 (Full)...another cool VST

Post by Sungodv » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:26 pm

From the guy featured on HRO a while back...
Great for anybody, but especially for people like Cracky* who have a USB/Firewire interface that has no "modeling".

Ladies (?) and Gentlemen I give you Free Amp:

http://frettedsynth.home.att.net/

*Who needs to upgrade to a newer DAW, however.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

James Ryce
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by James Ryce » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:01 pm

Hey Steve, I'll hold off my vote until I've had a chance to look at this and see if it helps me in any way, but I'm leaning towards the "Yabba" at the moment. :lol:

James.
0 x
funky country boy.
Website http://www.jamesryce.com
NEW CD "James Ryce ... ALL MY BEST, PLUS 12 OTHER SONGS"
Sales via PayPal http://www.jamesryce.com/Purchase_The_Music.php

GeeJay
Jedi
Jedi

Post by GeeJay » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Hey Steve

Good shout - by complete coincidence I downloaded this 2 days ago as part of my getting my new improved PC (you know the story :roll: ) loaded up with music "stuff". Haven't played with it much yet but it looks bloody excellent, way better than you would expect for free.

I've got a "lite" version of IK Multimedia Amplitube which came with my guitar interface and this is easily as good as that - can't really vouch for the tones as compared with, say, a Line 6 product, cos I'm no guitar expert but it sounds pretty good to me, with loads of different amp/cab models, rack modules and stomp boxes available.

Also, unlike the Toneport, it acts as a plug-in, so you can record the guitar and apply the different tones, effects etc afterwards in your DAW to you hearts content, if thats what floats your boat :wink:

In another coincidence, this link ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool08/

just happened to be on the BBC website homepage (also my homepage) when I logged on. Enjoy an hour of the Macca in concert :D

Gary.
0 x
My Soundclick Page

GeeJay said "I need to change my avatar!"

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:40 pm

Thanks, Gary.
Haven't seen him live since '75. Seen many vids of live shows though....he's still got it even if the voice ain't what it used to be scream-o-wise.
Hearing the crowd singing along to Blackbird made me cry.....what that must feel like.
New PC? Free?....well, get to recording then. We need a new Davies (Davis) hit.
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:57 am

GeeJay wrote:Also, unlike the Toneport, it acts as a plug-in, so you can record the guitar and apply the different tones, effects etc afterwards in your DAW to you hearts content, if thats what floats your boat :wink:
I gave this a Yabba! It fits right in with what I just typed on my "thank you" note on my current song. I want to start adding effects to my current Drop D guitar set up, in a hopes of giving it depth. I'll be checking this out for sure.

Good find, Sun*.

* Can't I use this on my current Mixcraft V2? :D
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Unstablxxx
The Force
The Force

Post by Unstablxxx » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:12 pm

Doo... definitely, doo. :roll:
0 x
Mike
-
-
Rocketing towards 5000 posts without a care in the world!
-
-
My solo music | My Eljam music | My Studio Tour | Vocal Effect Demo | Kristal Tutorial