G1ON/G1XON Wishlist.......

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Pedrolo
new to this board
new to this board

G1ON/G1XON Wishlist.......

Post by Pedrolo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Hello,

Last firmware update for G1ON/G1XON is version 1.21. Nice update really.But maybe we all can suggest few little improvementes to make it perfect.
So let's start a wish list for a future update ( if Zoom guys are reading...hope!)

1) A Tap Tempo option.
2) Option to save/restore all our beloved patches to computer.
3) Fell free to add your wishes...
0 x

drdashdot
new to this board
new to this board

Re: G1ON/G1XON Wishlist.......

Post by drdashdot » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:25 am

1. Tap tempo: yes please!
2. Your wish is granted: see http://www.zoompatches.com/ and follow the download link.

(Patch backup software works with MS series pedals too.)
2 x

Pedrolo
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Pedrolo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Dear Mr. drdashdot:

Thank you so much for this wish come true!!!!!! smuaks!!!!!!

\*¡*/
U
0 x

drdashdot
new to this board
new to this board

Post by drdashdot » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Pedrolo wrote:Dear Mr. drdashdot:

Thank you so much for this wish come true!!!!!! smuaks!!!!!!

\*¡*/
U
You're welcome. Please enjoy it, spread the word and try uploading some killer patches. Now if someone can work out the tap tempo thing, we'll be set. That's all that this pedal needs, I think. (Except maybe proper midi control - but I'm working on that...)

Cheers
Dave
0 x

RiffRaff
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by RiffRaff » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:10 am

I would like the ability to have one bank that does not move to other banks so I could set it up for live with a user definable amount of patches so I could say set up just four of my most used patches and rotate through them?

TIA :)
0 x

Smashcraaft
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Smashcraaft » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:26 am

I would like a solo effect, which lets me use a delay + a volume boost at once, by kicking in the footswitch
0 x
"I´m from Germany and I try to express myself understandable. But anyway… please excuse my poor english!"
FRFR-Setup: POD HD500x (alternative: ZOOM G1Xon) > Yamaha DBR12 / Superlux SF12A (active monitor)

Ratiug
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Ratiug » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:46 pm

This pedal should come in a metal case , discard the drums and looper and add a third switch that could be programmed for anything such as tap , boost or an extra effect.
I first create a clean patch that I toggle with the tuner out so it matches my amplifier in tone and volume maybe add a reverb . Then I save it to about 20 patches in a row.
A0 -clean
A1 -will be clean with a boost
A3 -clean
A4 - clean w tube screamer
A5- clean
A6- clean with tremolo
A7 - clean
A8- clean w carr amp w a bit of grind
A9- clean w carr amp alot of grind
B0- clean
Etc
That way all patches are based on same sound .
I use cab sim Front Combo to tame the highs
I also turn all trebles and gains down to 30
I find any effect or amp with dirt needs to be used with a noise gate
Setting it up this way makes it easy to gig with.
Though it looks very Fischer-Price it is actually a great pedal once it is set up
0 x

Coyote
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Coyote » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:40 pm

Another vote for some kind of tap tempo / clock function. I love the depth of the patches, but that drum machine is going to twist my last nerve one of these days.

Wouldn't it be great if you could use Zoom's RT-223 drum machine with the G1on/G1Xon?
0 x

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:23 am

Ratiug wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:46 pm
This pedal should come in a metal case , discard the drums and looper and add a third switch that could be programmed for anything such as tap , boost or an extra effect.
I first create a clean patch that I toggle with the tuner out so it matches my amplifier in tone and volume maybe add a reverb . Then I save it to about 20 patches in a row.
A0 -clean
A1 -will be clean with a boost
A3 -clean
A4 - clean w tube screamer
A5- clean
A6- clean with tremolo
A7 - clean
A8- clean w carr amp w a bit of grind
A9- clean w carr amp alot of grind
B0- clean
Etc
That way all patches are based on same sound .
I use cab sim Front Combo to tame the highs
I also turn all trebles and gains down to 30
I find any effect or amp with dirt needs to be used with a noise gate
Setting it up this way makes it easy to gig with.
Though it looks very Fischer-Price it is actually a great pedal once it is set up
I have the A2 and the manual mode lets you switch effects on and off, which is very handy both for live and recording. But more often I end up doing something similar to you, save a 'boost' patch for fingerpicking, and a normal patch for strumming for example, and toggle between them. It also has metronome drums, and while they are useless for performing or even recording anything beyond basic demos, they are handy for practicing, I'd rather have that than a metronome sound any day.

Still laughing about the Fischer Price comment :D
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:25 am

Coyote wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:40 pm
Another vote for some kind of tap tempo / clock function. I love the depth of the patches, but that drum machine is going to twist my last nerve one of these days.

Wouldn't it be great if you could use Zoom's RT-223 drum machine with the G1on/G1Xon?
That would be great for any zoom pedal, but they are made to be on the cheap end of the spectrum. The only zoom products that have fully functional programmable drum machine on board are the multitrack recorders, R8 etc.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

Ratiug
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Ratiug » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:18 pm

When these (G1on) first came out , my first thought was Fischer-Price, and I never even considered looking at one or even buying one .
My son bought me one for my birthday so I started messing with it not really expecting much, as I dont really care about the looper and drum machine but when I spent 2 days setting it up for gigging I realized what a great pedal this is. I love that I can change the order of effects , and after I tamed the highs and the gains (brought them all down to 30 and presence is useless after 20) Though it looks like a toy you cant buy a better pedal for $50.
0 x

Coyote
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Coyote » Mon May 08, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm a bit gobsmacked. It seems that you can't record the output of the G1on using the USB port. Is that the case or am I missing something?
0 x

Ratiug
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Ratiug » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:47 am

All 2 button multi effects pedals should have have an input for adding a 4 button footswitch to run in stompbox mode
0 x

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jim_Fogle » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:47 pm

drdashdot wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:25 am
1. Tap tempo: yes please!
2. Your wish is granted: see http://www.zoompatches.com/ and follow the download link.

(Patch backup software works with MS series pedals too.)
Don't have a pedal but want to comment that's a nice looking Zoom pedal forum that someone started. I hope the forum does well. :applause:
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums