New song, "Destiny", PSO4, Sonar X, M-Audio - M-Track, Neewer NW-700 mic

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

New song, "Destiny", PSO4, Sonar X, M-Audio - M-Track, Neewer NW-700 mic

Post by Roy-Al » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:08 pm

Hey Group: How's it going? Some months ago I was tooling through Sonar's Loopmasters library, I came upon a loop that immediately started me singing what would become the first verse of this song. I made use of Sonar's soft synths to put together an arrangement that pleased me. Then I set about doing the vocals (a task not so easy these days) but I managed. After my inexperienced production was complete and during the quality check for the song I was inspired to do these 2x3 inch, child-like drawings on a single page of my sketch pad. Some came out okay but I thought if I could get some of my artists palss to give me permission to use their more evolved artwork, I'd be able to put up a video on Youtube. In that regard some of them were willing others not so much. My work around was to draw/paint my version of their ideas. This video montage represents love of many flavors.

https://youtu.be/IMaBWiXKZrs

Destiny
RoyAllenHunt © May 12, 2016

I’ve walked through many doors
but I never seen the likes of you before
strong and comfortable with all you meet
yet like the ripest fruit you are so sweet
I hope you’ll feel at home with me -- cause

Anywhere you go -- I will follow you
Anything you know -- that will be my truth
I believe you and me -- we are destiny, destiny, destiny

Maybe you’ve heard this once or twice
the stars foretell all events in life
Well, on any clear night
Just you look on high
our stars are shining up in that sky

I believe – we are destiny, destiny, destiny
I believe – we are destiny, destiny, destiny

For such a short while we’re on this earth
and to me for what its worth
the very best parties, even the finest wine
they can’t compare to the love you I will find
Let’s not waste any-more time

Just you look on high -- we’re shining in the sky

I believe, I believe in you and me umm hum

I believe you and me -- we are destiny…
Last edited by Roy-Al on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Roy-Al

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: New song, "Destiny", PSO4, Sonar X, M-Audio - M-Track, Neewer NW-700 mic

Post by dickl » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Quality Roy :)

Nice to hear you again. Loved the vocals and the production and video are excellent.

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:05 am

Wow. Great tune. I love the simple hook with the piano. I also like how the bass kicks in from time to time. You have a good voice and the vocal track really stands out. Nice production on that. How did you get that vocal effect on "I believe" around 1:56?
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Lungfruit wrote:Wow. Great tune. I love the simple hook with the piano. I also like how the bass kicks in from time to time. You have a good voice and the vocal track really stands out. Nice production on that. How did you get that vocal effect on "I believe" around 1:56?

Thanks so much for the input. Regarding the effect used on The "I believe" line, it was a combination of accidental luck and the Sonitus reverb "short and Sweet". I discovered that intoning my voice in a kind of monotone way on just one of the dubs (there were 5), it created this choir like sound the added reverb achieved the rest. Thanks for asking. Nobody ever asks for my advice about music and singing. I'm honored. :D
1 x
Roy-Al

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:53 pm

dickl wrote:Quality Roy :)

Nice to hear you again. Loved the vocals and the production and video are excellent.

Cheers

Dick
Thank you Dick, its always nice to get your input.
0 x
Roy-Al

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Very cool, Roy. You really did a lot with the loop. That's the way many songs are written these days. Great vocals and backup vocals. Nicely done. Good lyrics. Good production. A fine piece of work.

I live the video too. I have always liked your art work and I really like your offerings in the video. You are a very talented person (both visually and musically).

Great job!
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:31 am

Thank you for the review, Cracks. Yes, I do believe loops are used a lot. Perhaps, too much. That's music making for you these days. I worried that the loop might be a monotonous. My partner said as much. I tried to break the loop up with other bits and pieces. I even tried my hand at a few piano licks. I'm glad some folks thought it came out ok. Again, thanks for the look and listen.
0 x
Roy-Al

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:11 pm

I generally don't like loops much, but you make it interesting enough to hold my attention. I think you said this was original. Nice work on the composition and especially the vocal arrangements. Can't really find any nits on this.

:^:
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Cakewalk by Bandlab, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Vintage Organs & Strummed Acoustic Guitar, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module, Arturia DX7 V FM synthesizer

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

BobF
dues paid
dues paid

Post by BobF » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Very nice, Roy! Love your vocals
0 x

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:45 pm

I liked the piano though it gets a bit repetitive, the bass is great. The vocals could have been better, they definitely sound home recorded.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:41 am

voclizr wrote:I generally don't like loops much, but you make it interesting enough to hold my attention. I think you said this was original. Nice work on the composition and especially the vocal arrangements. Can't really find any nits on this.

:^:
Thank you John. Loops are pretty much all I have to work with. You know from experience working with me, I'm a bit thin on musicality. The only instrument I know with authority is my own voice and even that can get away from me at times. But, I'm thankful all you artists in the forum have shared your expertise with me. That's how I even manage to complete anything, good or bad.
0 x
Roy-Al

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:42 am

BobF wrote:Very nice, Roy! Love your vocals
Thank you Bob for the kind words.
0 x
Roy-Al

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:49 am

greenA2 wrote:I liked the piano though it gets a bit repetitive, the bass is great. The vocals could have been better, they definitely sound home recorded.
Thank you greenA2 for the crit. Actually I agree that the loop was repetitive but it gave me a lot to work with arrangement wise. I did try to break the monotony with flavors such as the bass and other instrumentation including my vocals. Yes the vocals were recorded at home. Is that not the point in a home recording session? I wish I could have made them sound better for you. Next time maybe you'll do me the honor of inviting me to where ever you record your stuff. :look:
0 x
Roy-Al

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:27 am

I record at home too, if a singer is involved they get a dynamic mic which makes them sound vintage home recorded :P
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:23 pm

greenA2 wrote:I record at home too, if a singer is involved they get a dynamic mic which makes them sound vintage home recorded :P
Thanks again for the advice. I actually do use a dynamic mic,a Neewer NW700. At least I think it's dynamic, could be wrong. However, I work with what I have. I depend on you guys to point me in the right direction. Thanks for keeping the faith. Roy
0 x
Roy-Al

d.atryner
been here a while
been here a while

Post by d.atryner » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:30 am

Great song and beat, pretty laid back.
0 x

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Post by Roy-Al » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:42 pm

d.atryner wrote:Great song and beat, pretty laid back.
Thank you David. Yes I think it's kind of laid back too, like me. Thanks for listening in and commenting.
0 x
Roy-Al