Board upgrade

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.
Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Board upgrade

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:56 pm

If you're noticing some minor differences on the board it's because of an upgrade I did today. As frequently happens, I reached the point in the upgrade where I was convinced I had completely deleted everything. Anyway, it should be running property, if you find any glitches let me know.
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Board upgrade

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:24 pm

Oh, and yeah, I had to get rid of the hearts for now. The new version of the board isn't playing nice with the "post love" extension. I'll see if they've ironed out the bugs in a month or so. Previous hearts are still stored in the database.
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:50 am

If I'm logged in everything looks normal. If I'm not logged in there appears to be a "screen" of the icon that sometimes appear at the left of a post to indicate if the issue is "Hot" or not all over the main screen that obscures all the graphics on the index page. Will that be permanent?

:D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 am

That was happening to me but as best I can tell it was something in the browser cache doing that. I cleared the cache and reloaded the page and it was gone. If you try a different browser or an "incognito" browser window it should be gone. If it persists let me know. Not that I have any clue how to get rid of it. :)
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:06 pm

It must be browser related. I get it on Mozilla, but looks clean & clear on Chrome.

0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:04 am

I suspect it's whatever browser still has a cache of the old site.
0 x

greenA2
dues paid
dues paid

Post by greenA2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:54 pm

Nice, thanks for keeping the board up to date.
0 x
Zoom A2, H5, YouRock Guitar

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:44 pm

:bow:
The smilies look weird now.... :noway:

:look: at least some do
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:53 am

Sungodv wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:44 pm
:bow:
The smilies look weird now.... :noway:

:look: at least some do
Yeah. Too small! :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Oh, sorry.
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:46 am

I'm going to hope that the next version fixes whatever they did to the smilies, since that's way above my ability to fix.
0 x

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:48 pm

I take that back, I just figured out how to fix them, but I'll have to go one by one and adjust the dimensions. It's on my "to do someday" list. Fixed the "Hilarious" one though just to make sure I could.
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:17 pm

Zoetrope wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:48 pm
I take that back, I just figured out how to fix them, but I'll have to go one by one and adjust the dimensions. It's on my "to do someday" list. Fixed the "Hilarious" one though just to make sure I could.
That's one of Sungod's favorites. I'm sure he's happy about that.
0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:27 pm

voclizr wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:50 am
If I'm logged in everything looks normal. If I'm not logged in there appears to be a "screen" of the icon that sometimes appear at the left of a post to indicate if the issue is "Hot" or not all over the main screen that obscures all the graphics on the index page. Will that be permanent?

I use Internet Explorer and it is still happening. But all looks great when I sign in.

Thanks for keeping it going. I actually have several half finished songs in the hopper but I'm waiting for others to post to get me motivated to finish them.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:09 am

:beavis: :run:

Smilies should be working now.

As for the weird icon covering the whole page issue, clear your cache gents, clear your cache.
0 x

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:24 pm

Thanks Zo, twas no biggie, just wanted you to know. :stick: <-----was that guy always that small? :noway:
0 x
My Songs

Dell Quad Core Desktop - Windows 7 - 4GB RAM - Dual SATA Drives (1TB). Samplitude 11 & Pro X. Line 6 TonePort UX2. A.R.T. Tube MP Studio. Audio-Technica, MXL & Shure Mics. Zoom and DigiTech effects. Alesis DM5 Pro E-Drum Kit w/ Alesis Trigger i|o. 1959 Mojo Pick. Loads of Basses, Guitars & Keyboards.

Sungodv
The Force
The Force

Post by Sungodv » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:26 pm

whoa, just got one of these a few times after posting the above:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User dbo414878016 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
0 x
My Songs

Jim_Fogle
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jim_Fogle » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Zoetrope, you are a patient person. It seems like you spend a lot of time maintaining the forum so thanks for continuing to give us a great place to meet and share adventures.

Missing the hearts. Easy way to let poster know a post has been read and that you agree with what was said.
0 x
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
2017 Band-in-a-Box, Music Creator 6, Audacity, Chord Pulse
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB HD
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums