Cool Blue-Original instrumental-Sonar

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
voclizr
The Force
The Force

Cool Blue-Original instrumental-Sonar

Post by voclizr » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Featuring the Dizi Flute by Chinese Winds (Free Plugin) and my usual toys.
Cool Blue
Soundclick flavor here

Enjoy, Zoomers!

:D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio (RIP), Reason 7,
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Re: Cool Blue-Original instrumental-Sonar

Post by The Cracks » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Nice and relaxing. The melody sounds like it is begging for lyrics over top of it. I truly love the piano in pop ballads. I don't really like the classical piano stuff or driving rock songs with it, but a ballad with a player like Nicky Hopkins is wonderful to me.

Good one V.
0 x
My albums

My songs

Collaborations are temporarily down

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

surfercook
The Force
The Force

Post by surfercook » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Nice one! Beautifully composed, arranged, and performed. Once again ur creativity amazes me for originals. Love when the strings come in.
0 x
Les Paul Studio, ES 135, Guild G37, Wechter Pathmaker, Fender GN-45SCE Classical, YouRockGuitar, Fender Jazz Bass, Ovation Celebrity, Oscar Schmidt OU6LCE Ukulele, Gibson F4 Mandolin, Yamaha PSR-225GM, Line 6 UX2 & FX100, DOD FET preamp, MC10O Condensor Mic, Dynamic Unidirectional Mic, MRS-8, Samplitude, REAPER, Mixcraft, EZ Drummer/Mix, Steven Slate Drums, POD Farm, Guitar Rig, FENDER Deluxe Silverface, Roland CUBE-60, Jazz Real Books by Sher Music
PC=quad core I5,7200 1TB SATA HD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card, RAIDMAX|HELIOS Tower, 8GB RAM, 1TB ExtHD
Soundclick Soundcloud Reverbnation YouTube

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:45 am

Thanks, Sean & Marc. :D

Sean, everytime I post an instrumental you say you could imagine a lyric/vocal line on it. Actually, so could I but every now and then I like to put my Chip Davis hat on and do an Manheim Steamroller treatment on a tune without putting my big mouth into it. :lol: ;)
1 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
NI Session Strings & Vintage Organs, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, Toontrack EZ Keys & EZ Drummer 2, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:00 am

John,
Nice piece to listen to while I was tinkering around in my studio. You have a recognizable style that has "JOHN BOWEN" written all over it. It's mixed well too. The bass is clear without mudding up the melody. Good work! Glenn
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:26 pm

Thanks Glenn. Speaking of the bass, I've just updated it. I FINALLY figured how to do a bass slide in Trilian and I put that on the intro. You might want to revisit it.

1 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Nice one John... you know what says John Bowen to me....right at 45 or 46 seconds that one note that changes it up. Hard to tell with the sound click timeline exactly where but you take the phrase up in stead of down as it has been. I hear that and I say John Bowen. ;)
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:50 pm

Omegaman wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:08 pm
Nice one John... you know what says John Bowen to me....right at 45 or 46 seconds that one note that changes it up. Hard to tell with the sound click timeline exactly where but you take the phrase up in stead of down as it has been. I hear that and I say John Bowen. ;)
Wow! Nice to know I have a "trademark". Thanks, Bill.

0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp

dickl
The Force
The Force

Post by dickl » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:49 pm

Cool indeed John.

Really well composed and played.

Smoother than a very smooth thing :)

Cheers

Dick
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

still_fiddlin
been here a while
been here a while

Post by still_fiddlin » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:17 pm

Very neat. I kind of wanted the drums to be using brushes so it could get a bit more laid back, but that's obviously not quite where you were going. Thanks!
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Thanks Dick & SF!

0 x
John B

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp