Saving Channel Slider Settings

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
iamg
new to this board
new to this board

Saving Channel Slider Settings

Post by iamg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:14 am

Hello
ATM I am trying to save my channel slider settings. I have looked in the manual where it references the channel mixer but my project is not saving.

By the way, I set up some tracks in Cubase Pro, saved them to the SD Card, and assigned them to tracks. I play live to these tracks, with my keyboard and mic. But when I select the project, it did not save my last channel volumes.

I have record on the volumes, i did not record anything, just played the track back set my channel slider volumes and master volume. When I adjust
for a project, I would like them to automatic save, but can't figure out something that is probably simple

Thanks
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: Saving Channel Slider Settings

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:20 am

First off: What Device?

The R16/24 have significant differences from an HD16/8. The Rx having sharing the faders across multiple banks of tracks, whereas the HDx has all tracks directly accessible (though half of those are full-time stereo-link). The HDx has (though I've not tried them) "scenes", which are a snapshot of the track parameters at a given time point, and which can be automatically switched by tying them to "marks".

None of these devices record/automate fader movements -- the HDx scenes are the closest but, as mentioned, are still snapshots; they change from one static setting to another, they do not transition smoothly.

For the Rx, saving "mixer settings" really means "track parameter settings" (page 38 of R16, 41 of R24 manual) -- which does claim to include the fader settings but... Due to the track banks, fader settings get tricky -- the faders are "virtual" and when changing banks one has to slide them down and up in order to "catch" the numeric setting position before the faders will actually affect the volume. There is a possibility that on project load, if the faders are close to previous position, the unit might snap the volumes to the fader positions (hypothetical, not experimental)
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

iamg
new to this board
new to this board

Post by iamg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

Oh Sorry this on the R16..
I am not trying to automate, i just want what volumes in the mix I have saved.
Ok thanks I will have a look at the RX pages and give it a try.
0 x

iamg
new to this board
new to this board

Post by iamg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 am

I am not finding that on the page track parameter settings , i see fader.. but no instruction on how to save it, or access the params
0 x

iamg
new to this board
new to this board

Post by iamg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:57 am

maybe i need mix master pg 46 r16 manual, when it talks about mixer balance?
0 x

iamg
new to this board
new to this board

Post by iamg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:04 pm

pg 42 shows a master track mix down.. maybe i try this ?
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:35 pm

At this point I'm not certain what you are really looking for...

A master mix is a single stereo file, generated by mixing the tracks (in realtime). Once generated, you turn off the source tracks and use only the master.

However, for a test...

Before powering down -- go to the track parameter display, scroll down to "fader", start on track 1 (bank 1). Do not touch anything except the cursor keys... write down the fader value from the display, then cursor right to the next track, and write down its value. Repeat for all 16 tracks (you don't have to swap banks -- the cursor scroll can read all tracks).

Power down.

Power up.

Don't touch anything -- go to the track parameter display, "fader" and scroll through tracks 1..16, comparing the fader values to what you had written down. If there are changes, are they all in one bank (which bank) etc.
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

yodaspeak
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by yodaspeak » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Coming in late to the party here, but you can see the saved fader values for each track if you press the PAN/EQ button on top right (R24). It saves each fader value for each track. You can arrow through the tracks pretty easily.

edit: you can also change the values here, which is intended when you're fine tuning the mix later

Sorry I see R16
0 x