Looking for a Zoom preset(s) to mimic stringed instruments used in belly dance music

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
MISTAJONAH
member in good standing
member in good standing

Looking for a Zoom preset(s) to mimic stringed instruments used in belly dance music

Post by MISTAJONAH » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:32 pm

Like the Kanun-Rababa-Saz or Oud? :bow:
0 x

stubbsonic
been here a while
been here a while

Re: Looking for a Zoom preset(s) to mimic stringed instruments used in belly dance music

Post by stubbsonic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:15 am

Which pedal do you have?
0 x

MISTAJONAH
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: Looking for a Zoom preset(s) to mimic stringed instruments used in belly dance music

Post by MISTAJONAH » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:31 pm

I own S2t-G2Nu-MS50G-G3
0 x

stubbsonic
been here a while
been here a while

Post by stubbsonic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:14 am

On my MS100-BT, I was able to take one of the synth presets and make a resonance filter sweep, then bring up the dry signal so that it would sound a little bit like a tanpoura. It wasn't really a preset, but just using the synth in a way to get that descending overtones sound. I think that, along with using some graphic EQ and some palm-muting might be a good starting point for something like an oud.
1 x

MISTAJONAH
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by MISTAJONAH » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:42 pm

stubbsonic wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:14 am
On my MS100-BT, I was able to take one of the synth presets and make a resonance filter sweep, then bring up the dry signal so that it would sound a little bit like a tanpoura. It wasn't really a preset, but just using the synth in a way to get that descending overtones sound. I think that, along with using some graphic EQ and some palm-muting might be a good starting point for something like an oud.
Thanks! Sorry for the late reply. Way too busy lately. I will try this soon.
1 x