Indescribable G1on problem

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Ellis
new to this board
new to this board

Indescribable G1on problem

Post by Ellis » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi, my name is Ellis and I'm probably stupid. In any case, my beloved G1on is giving me grief. I've had two and they both did this. One day i plug in my guitar and all the patches have ... issues. Most of the patches have this odd reverb issue where even if there isn't a reverb effect in the patch's effect chain, it has this massive and unremovable reverb effect.The volumes are off, some patches are pretty much silent, others are blasting. It's essentially unuseable. How do I get it back to normal? Thanks guys.
1 x

stubbsonic

Re: Indescribable G1on problem

Post by stubbsonic » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:28 pm

My guess would be that you are using a stereo cable (tip-ring-sleeve-- like on your headphones)-- but on the other end you're plugging it into an input (like a mixer, amp or audio interface) that is expecting to see a balanced (TRS) MONO signal. This causes the all the mono parts of the signal to be cancelled and will cause some sounds to be louder or quieter.

Try using a standard guitar cable instead of a stereo cord.

Try listening to the output via headphones and see if the problem is the same. If you already are listening through headphones, try different ones. It might be that there is something not aligning with the connector on your headphones. (Or perhaps if you are using an adapter, it isn't connecting correctly). This can cause the same kind of cancelation between channels.

That's all I can think of.

Good luck.
1 x

Ellis
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Ellis » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:40 pm

stubbsonic wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:28 pm
My guess would be that you are using a stereo cable (tip-ring-sleeve-- like on your headphones)-- but on the other end you're plugging it into an input (like a mixer, amp or audio interface) that is expecting to see a balanced (TRS) MONO signal. This causes the all the mono parts of the signal to be cancelled and will cause some sounds to be louder or quieter.

Try using a standard guitar cable instead of a stereo cord.

Try listening to the output via headphones and see if the problem is the same. If you already are listening through headphones, try different ones. It might be that there is something not aligning with the connector on your headphones. (Or perhaps if you are using an adapter, it isn't connecting correctly). This can cause the same kind of cancelation between channels.

That's all I can think of.

Good luck.
thanks man ill try it
0 x

stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Have you learned anything about your problem? I'd be curious to know if any of my suggestions were helpful.
0 x