Livetrak L-12 newbie questions

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Njc235
new to this board
new to this board

Livetrak L-12 newbie questions

Post by Njc235 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:46 am

Very new owner of the unit here with a couple of basic questions.

I have read conflicting views around the web about whether if not the L12 can be used to control Logic. Someone rightly mentioned that there is no midi interface which would be required. We all know that midi can be sent and received over usb so is there a chance this might appear in a later firmware release?

Is there any way to copy or move tracks say from track 1 to track 2 rather than just to the master track?

Has anyone found or even looked for a 5 way headphone extension lead?
0 x

mkok
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: Livetrak L-12 newbie questions

Post by mkok » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:55 pm

I have the l20 and no you cannot use to control logic or any other DAW. I don’t think this is the intention of the design. I’m not sure why you would want to move the tracks?

This is how I use my l20. I record live and then copy into Cubase or play back into Cubase. I also use it as an audio interface. This is what the units are designed for.

I use the different outputs to headphones and to monitors. I don’t have a long snake I use individual extensions if needed.
1 x

Joslenior
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by Joslenior » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:29 am

You can copy track to track in two ways: export the track to a connected usb drive and import this to the desired destination track, or use one of the headphone monitor outputs connected to the destination input. Please note that the headphone output is stereo, so to make this work pan the source track hard left or right and use a stereo to 2x mono cable.
0 x

mkok
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by mkok » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:35 pm

Actually I guess it would be possible to change the software to send over midi. I say this as I have the Bluetooth dongle and the sliders on the desk move the sliders on my iPad so probably possible but I still think they will.
0 x

Jim_Fogle
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by Jim_Fogle » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Possible and probable are two different things. It's possible Zoom will modify the firmware but it is not probable.
0 x
http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... tent=music
Zoom MRS-8
Gibson acoustic 12-string, Peavey Predator, Line6 Variax, Yamaha keyboard and digital drums
2018 Band-in-a-Box, ChordPulse http://www.chordpulse.com/
Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Home Studio, Cakewalk Music Creator 6, Audacity
Win 7 laptop i3, 8 GB DRAM, 500GB SSD

mkok
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by mkok » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Yes agreed. I meant to put probably will not. To be honest I’m pretty sure they won’t. It doesn’t matter to me as I wouldn’t use that feature.
1 x

Kornel_D
new to this board
new to this board

Post by Kornel_D » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:17 am

-Move track: restart in card reader mode and rename the track using your computer. Track names are:
TRACK01.WaV to TRACK08.WAV for mono tracks. TRACK09_10.WAV and TRACK11_12.WAV for stereo tracks. The master bounce track is called MASTER.WAV.
You will be able to set the new track to PLAY mode next time you restart the appliance.

However, you need a computer to do this. Your other option is to export/import the track to external USB drive as stated earlier.

-Copy/combine/bounce tracks: you can create a master bounce track as normally. Then export to USB and import to stereo tracks 9-10 or 11-12.
Other option is to restart in card reader mode and rename MASTER.WAV to TRACK09_10.WAV or TRACK11_12.WAV. Bear in mind these are stereo tracks.

-In case you need more tracks on the field for multi-track overdubbing/recording you may bounce existing tracks to master track, export all tracks, import the master to a stereo track and overwrite/reuse the other tracks.
Do not mind the mix quality - a quick mix will do it as a backing track to record the remaining tracks. You can import both the old and new tracks at home to your computer and do the editing.

These are just some quick ideas - I've just received the unit.
0 x