H6: rename project to something longer than 8 characters.

Discuss the Zoom H6, H5, H4, H4n, H2, H2n, and H1. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
buco
new to this board
new to this board

H6: rename project to something longer than 8 characters.

Post by buco » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:22 am

It seems that when you set the H6 to name projects to the default it's called ZOOM000x. So 8 characters long. One can also choose to name it to date/time which makes the length a lot longer. Somehow I haven't figured out yet how to rename a project ZOOM0001 to something else that's longer than 8 characters except for choosing the date-time format. How do I move the cursor to the 9th (not yet existing) character if I'm renaming a project called eg. ZOOM0001?
0 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: H6: rename project to something longer than 8 characters.

Post by Wulfraed » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Not having an H6 I have to interpret from the manual -- page 50...

The impression is that pressing the select/rocker moves to the next character position. If it only moves it through the existing 8 characters, it may be an internal limitation.

Page 25 only shows directories have 8-character names...

Page 86 states that non-date names are 8-character. I wouldn't be surprised if date format is just for display, and underneath the H6 is still creating 8-character directory names (if you pop the SD card after creating a project in each mode, and insert it in a computer card reader, what type of directory names do you find?)
0 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards

buco
new to this board
new to this board

Re: H6: rename project to something longer than 8 characters.

Post by buco » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:11 pm

What you think is plausible but I can actually rename a project which was originally saved as a date/time to something of the same langth but alphanumerical characters longer than 8 characters while with the rocker switch I cannot put the cursor further than the 8th character.
0 x