"The Fall and Rise of Tintin Quarantino's Punk Fiction" album, HD16, rock, punk

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Klink
member in good standing
member in good standing

"The Fall and Rise of Tintin Quarantino's Punk Fiction" album, HD16, rock, punk

Post by Klink » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:42 pm

Just released my new album (by 'Psykik Volts' one-man band) on Bandcamp. Have a look & a listen at - https://psykikvolts.bandcamp.com/

All tracks (except the last 2 old songs) recorded & mixed on Zoom HD16 in last few years. Mastered & edited on computer.

Songs written mainly way back when Psykik Volts was my first original music band (1978 - 1981'ish) but recorded & arranged recently by just me.
1 x

dickl
The Force
The Force

Re: "The Fall and Rise of Tintin Quarantino's Punk Fiction" album, HD16, rock, punk

Post by dickl » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:22 am

Fun stuff. I like the story and the title. A nice slice of punk :)
0 x
Soundclick :: AMOKOPERA :: Suite For Queen Caroline :: MacJams :: Tricks Upon Travellers CDs here and here

Roy-Al
dues paid
dues paid

Re: "The Fall and Rise of Tintin Quarantino's Punk Fiction" album, HD16, rock, punk

Post by Roy-Al » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:57 pm

Nice vibe. Like the perspectives you give on the songs. I like the Lichtenstein pop art cover. Listening to your tracks reminded me of a live performance of the New York Dolls I enjoyed back in 1973. They were a blast and yours is too. Very slick production!
0 x
Roy-Al

Klink
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by Klink » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Thanks guys, nice comments! Roy, yeah gotta love the Dolls for sure!
0 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:13 pm

I like a song with a catchy chorus and "Young Savage" has it! I don't get the title of the album, but than again maybe I'm not supposed to :) It's a nice upbeat piece that kept me bobbing my head along with the beat all the way through. Good work!
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

Klink
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by Klink » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:23 pm

Thanks Lungfruit - Young Savage is a great song agreed. Unfortunately I can't take the credit for writing it as it was Ultravox's 2nd single way back in 1977 when John Foxx was vocalist. The title of the album, yeah even I don't get it & I wrote it! It's a slight nod to 'The Fall & Rise of Reginald Perrin' (1970's TV series in UK) whose Grot shops inspired an old Psykik Volts song called 'Totally Useless'. It's also a nod to the Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust, Pulp Fiction & perhaps even Sergeant Pepper by being named after a fictional band.
1 x

Lungfruit
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lungfruit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Ya...that's some obscure references, especially for us in the US. :)
0 x
The Jam Lab; Strayed From The Path https://soundcloud.com/strayed-from-the-path

M.T.Pilot
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by M.T.Pilot » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:33 pm

Nice stuff. I'm not really into punk, but I liked 'Or Vice Versa' (which was one of the less punky songs, I heard :) ). I thought the arrangement of that song was pretty interesting!

As a tip: some of the songs sounded like you did not fully make use of the stereo-field, especially the drums sounded a tad bit more mono-ish than needed, somehow..
0 x

Klink
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by Klink » Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Just about all the drums on the album are from real drummer stereo wav drum loops, so there's no choice with drum panning as it's all done for you.
0 x

M.T.Pilot
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by M.T.Pilot » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:40 am

Klink wrote: Just about all the drums on the album are from real drummer stereo wav drum loops, so there's no choice with drum panning as it's all done for you.
You can add additional individual percussion samples to layer onto the already existing drums. E.g. get a hi-hat sample that fits the sound of the song and pan it opposite to the already existing hi-hat..that kind of stuff. It does wonders for the stereo-image. Having said that, it might not necessarily fit this genre... In pop and dance music it might be more common to do this.

For future songs you could consider using something like EZdrummer, Addictive Drums or e.g. Superior Drummer. They allow you to adjust the kit to your liking in many many ways.
0 x

Klink
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by Klink » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:43 pm

I'm happy with the stereo spread thanks, there's some well recorded real drummers on real kits there and I'm happy not to mess with that. I used EZDrummer on 3 of the tracks (Info, Brain, Hollywood) but I prefer the real drummer vibe generally.
0 x

M.T.Pilot
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by M.T.Pilot » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:07 pm

If you're happy, then it is all good. :)
0 x

mcdaggett
member in good standing
member in good standing

Post by mcdaggett » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:04 am

Cracker! Like the whole Dickies-vibe.
0 x