When will Zoom hit the breakthrough?

Questions and answers related to any Zoom Gear that doesn't have its own sub-forum yet. This includes any new gear that's been announced, and any old gear you've got. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
Nhoj

When will Zoom hit the breakthrough?

Post by Nhoj » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:08 pm

is it now or never? for a new technology for guitar effects
maybe they are out of resource and R and D
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Re: When will Zoom hit the breakthrough?

Post by stubbsonic » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:08 am

I don't understand the economics of how this works.

Will sales of the latest releases G1 Four, etc, fund R&D for the next generation of pedal? Since that's a fairly new pedal, I'd imagine they'd need to see how well it is selling. I don't know if there was much "buzz" about the new devices. ("Buzz" is such a loaded word, given my other topic. :D )

Also, I don't know if Zoom will bring "new" technology, or whether they will just package existing technology into a more affordable package.
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 pm

stubbsonic wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:08 am
I don't understand the economics of how this works.

Will sales of the latest releases G1 Four, etc, fund R&D for the next generation of pedal? Since that's a fairly new pedal, I'd imagine they'd need to see how well it is selling. I don't know if there was much "buzz" about the new devices. ("Buzz" is such a loaded word, given my other topic. :D )

Also, I don't know if Zoom will bring "new" technology, or whether they will just package existing technology into a more affordable package.
There a window of opportunity that is really great for a breakthrough if they can pull it of with the $400 to $500 price range there is no new affordable multi on that have market share on that range

also if they do the next new model, a multi stereo chain and other modern features is a plus factor on $400 to $500 price range will make them top selling, people are requesting that feautre
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 am

Nhoj wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 pm
There a window of opportunity that is really great for a breakthrough if they can pull it of with the $400 to $500 price range there is no new affordable multi on that have market share on that range

also if they do the next new model, a multi stereo chain and other modern features is a plus factor on $400 to $500 price range will make them top selling, people are requesting that feautre
I guess the DIgitech RP360 isn't so new, but it is current. Boss has the GT-1 (which is pretty good, and cheap), again, not so new, but current. There's also the Mooer GE200 (and I think a few others) also in that range.

Your point is still valid, that there isn't a ton of competition in the entry market-- of decent effects. I don't think there's really a lot of competition even in higher quality multi-effects. There is however tons of competition (and cooperation) amongst single pedal effect makers.
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:15 am

stubbsonic wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:10 am
Nhoj wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:18 pm

I guess the DIgitech RP360 isn't so new, but it is current. Boss has the GT-1 (which is pretty good, and cheap), again, not so new, but current. There's also the Mooer GE200 (and I think a few others) also in that range.

Your point is still valid, that there isn't a ton of competition in the entry market-- of decent effects. I don't think there's really a lot of competition even in higher quality multi-effects. There is however tons of competition (and cooperation) amongst single pedal effect makers.
Yes i can sum up this

$100 - $200
Zoom G1Four/G1XFour/G3XN/G3N/G1Xon/G1on
Boss GT1
Mooer GE150
Digitech XP/RP
Nux MG

$200-$300
Zoom G5N
Boss ME80
Mooer GE200
Joyo GEMBOX 3
Nux CERBERUS
Atomic AMPLIFIREBOX

S300 -$400

$400-$500
Hotone Ampero

$500-$600
Atomic AMPLIFIRE6/12
Boss GT100

$600-$800
Fractal FM3
Headrush Gigboard
Line6 XTOMP/HXFX
Roland GR55
Headrush Looperboard
Mooer GE300

$1000 and up
Fractal AX8/AXEFX
Kemper PROFILER RACK/STAGE
Boss GT1000
Headrush PEDALBOARD
Isp THETA PRO

now if Zoom can pull ito of between $400 to below $600 thats a great window breaktrough opportunity with the features people are wanting
0 x

stubbsonic
dues paid
dues paid

Post by stubbsonic » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 am

That's a great list, Nhoj. Thanks for putting that together. I see the big lull between $300-600. I don't know if the marketing research works that way-- i.e., how many products are in each price range, but it makes a lot of sense.
0 x

Nhoj

Post by Nhoj » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:27 am

stubbsonic wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 am
That's a great list, Nhoj. Thanks for putting that together. I see the big lull between $300-600. I don't know if the marketing research works that way-- i.e., how many products are in each price range, but it makes a lot of sense.

the $300 to $600 price range consists of new products and some old products , there are many old products brands i dont include on this price range because we all know them already
0 x