restore rythm sounds

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
NicoEchániz
new to this board
new to this board

restore rythm sounds

Post by NicoEchániz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:39 am

Hi everyone,

I have bought a used R24 unit and I love it. I have been using it to do multi-track recording and it's a lot of fun.

However the rhythm section seems to have been overwritten with random samples by the previous user. I have read that the unit comes with a USB drive with the drum kit sounds, but my unit did not provide that.

Is there a way to restore the original samples? Is the USB drive content available online somewhere? Could anyone share it privately? Are there other options to restore this to a usable state?

Thanks!!
Nico
1 x

yodaspeak
member in good standing
member in good standing

Re: restore rythm sounds

Post by yodaspeak » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:21 pm

I was given this link 3 years ago by Zoom:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8sh8veq9ol6v ... s.zip?dl=0

Probably a good idea to scan the download.

Not sure what you mean by "the rhythm section seems to have been overwritten with random samples by the previous user"?
1 x

Wulfraed
The Force
The Force

Re: restore rythm sounds

Post by Wulfraed » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:51 am

I don't have the R24, but based upon the manual (page 133) there are 10 "drum kits" available on the unit (page 66) -- and one can not change /their/ sounds; just toggle between "drum" (1-8tr) and "percussion" (9-16tr) banks (page 67). Could you be set on "percussion" rather than "drum" bank

The only other conceit would be: start with a newly formatted SD card, creating a new project from scratch. Only firmware sounds should be available to that, no custom stuff stored on the SD card.

Note that drum kits are different from track sequencer "loops", even if the "rhythm patterns" look similar to what is set up in the track sequencer. The accessory sounds are loops for the track sequencer, not drum kits.
1 x
--
Baron Wulfraed
IISS Elusive Unicorn (detached)

Superscope PSD-300; BOSS BR-600, Zoom HD16cd, Zoom R16, BOSS BR-800, Zoom H2n
Now to (re)learn to play an instrument

Lanikai S-C, SMC-E; GoldTone Banjo-Uke; Flatiron 1C, A5; Big Muddy M1-W; Ovation MM68AX, CSE-44; Orpheus Valley Fiesta FS; Taylor NS-72ce, T5-S1; Musima (4st, 20 fret, tenor-tuned) banjo; bongos, dumbeks, bodhrans, hand drum, tambourine; recorder: soprano, alto, tenor; Cedar Flute (5 sizes); Pennywhistle (3 keys); Casio keyboards