REALITY ZOOM VIDEO!!!

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.

Reality Zoom Video is...

A great idea!
75%
The dumbest single idea I've ever heard up here!!!!
25%

Total votes: 4

sambo
Jedi
Jedi

Post by sambo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:34 pm

seems to be easy enough ive got one vid up already
0 x
Zoetrope wrote: "Sambo sneaks back in, and no one notices"

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:02 pm

well, I was partially successful. I got the flash movie to play from the jump drive, I uploaded the proper files etc, but it ain't workin as you can see here
http://www.voiceover-talent.net/losttowns.html

I have to contact my host and see if they support .flv files, I believe I read that may be an issue.

tony, you have 21 days free, and its not hampered by anything but my own stupidity. ;-)

I'm still looking for a freeware alternative, that would just create an .swf file that I could link to without a "player"

sambo: what format did you upload to youtube? I don't think they (or is it google video) handle flash, only avi, mov etc and 100 meg limit, which makes me confused as to some of the really fine video I have seen up there of guys like sax gordon... do a search on him, multi camera with Doug James, Duke robbilard etc.
0 x

sambo
Jedi
Jedi

Post by sambo » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:05 pm

omegaman- format was your average .wmv.
0 x
Zoetrope wrote: "Sambo sneaks back in, and no one notices"

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:17 pm

Youtube has "director" accounts that allow for unlimited video size and length. However with all these new codecs etc you can get some pretty nice looking video 10 minutes or less and under 100mb
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:21 am

Tony,

I found a freebie, check here

I encoded it last night after playing with some settings, 40 mb qt is now about 7 meg as flash. it does put a small logo in the upper right that is a link to their site, but I don't find that objectionable, afterall the software was free, vs. $50 other places.

I actually took the code the previous software careted and just swapped out some info so the new swf file was properly placed in the page.
0 x