I Need your Opinion

Anything related to music, recording, gear, or this forum. Friendly chat welcome. NO politics or religion please, there are plenty of other forums for both topics. Anything else is fine.
Forum rules
Be nice.

Which Songs to post

Time
11%
Rest in Peace
No votes
Hear No Evil
11%
Strange
44%
Blues No More
No votes
Untold Blues
11%
Train
No votes
White Male Blues
22%

Total votes: 9

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

I Need your Opinion

Post by MatBio » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:30 pm

OK, I need some help. I have to choose 4 songs that really showcase my guitar playing. I have a feeling of what I like, but I need your opinion. Be really critical, think of the songs that make you think: Man this guy can play the guitar! or something like that.

Please vote! :shock: (Shock Icon for Tony)
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:02 am

Just wanted to say that when I have more time I'll run through them all (I assume they are all on Soundclick) and give you my comments primarily based on guitar. Probably won't be until Friday though.
0 x

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:11 am

That's funny, I was just thinking about which song to put up on Zoom Radio for a week's run. I'll have to listen to them when I get home from work.

p.s. "Hard Rock Crack" is cracking heads on the charts. It's #3 on the sub-chart and in the top 50 on the main chart with a "HOT". Thanks for the hit, Tom.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"If you're enjoying it, why do something else?" Sir Paul McCartney

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

Post by MatBio » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:25 am

I forgot to include the two sites with my music.

http://www.soundclick.com/bluestom
http://www.musicnoyz.com/artists/bands/199/

Thanks
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:52 pm

Why no "Para Marcela"?

I'd say, well, here, I'll just go vote.
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

"No matter how hard I tried [no song] was ever perfect. There was always a pimple somewhere.” Burt Bacharach

"The chords inspire the melody and the melody inspires the lyrics." Brian Wilson

The Cracks
The Force
The Force

Post by The Cracks » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:54 pm

It only let me vote once. Is that correct?
0 x
My albums

My songs

My website

Unstablxxx
The Force
The Force

Post by Unstablxxx » Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:25 pm

I see I went with the majority on this on (I'm going to keep my mouth shut, though, so as not to influence the voting).

Good stuff, Tomas (But I've told you that before)
0 x
Mike
-
-
Rocketing towards 5000 posts without a care in the world!
-
-
My solo music | My Eljam music | My Studio Tour | Vocal Effect Demo | Kristal Tutorial

Riffmaster
Yoda
Yoda

Post by Riffmaster » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:17 pm

hmm..i'm the only one that voted on my choice.
0 x

Tonto2
The Force
The Force

Post by Tonto2 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:49 am

The Cracks wrote:Why no "Para Marcela"? ...
Hi Tomas...

Like Cracks, I was shocked :shock: to see that Para Marcela was not included in the list to be voted on, however... I did place my vote for my top pick of those provided.

I also sent you a PM... rather than comment further... for much the same reason given by Mike when he wrote:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________(I'm going to keep my mouth shut, though, so as not to influence the voting.)
0 x
. .

Tonto2
Father/Daughter Team
_________________________________________________________________________________
. Homemade music made around the campfire, at the beach, or just about anywhere!
Our SoundClick Site ? Our 1st Forum Post ? Our Portable Recording Gear ? Our Favorite Keyboard Artist

Dragondicer
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Dragondicer » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:38 am

I was torn between two songs and finally voted for "white male blues", cause the solo is better than in "strange". But both would perfectly show "our MatBio"!!!
You are well known for this style o' playing and that fantastic tube sound!!!
Well, I had to decide for just one! 8)
0 x

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

Post by MatBio » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:14 am

Thanks for the support. I was hopping for more votes, but the people that have voted are people that I really know and trust their opinion. I'll finish this on the weekend.
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

manzana
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by manzana » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:46 am

i 've already voted for Untold Blues, but hadn't time to write something.
My favorite song is Untold Blues, because the song gots this typical blues feeling. More than the other songs i think. Although i think the piano doesn't fits that good to the song. But a big pro is that the song reminds me of B.B. King and Clapton.
0 x

MatBio
Yoda
Yoda

Post by MatBio » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:36 am

Well thanks for the response. I guess I'm not a popular fellow here, must be some of my harsh reviews. Does this mean that my days here are over?

With the voting, The only thing I can get is that Strange is in, that was my first choice as well. I'll let you know if anything happens with this.
0 x
Tomas/Blues Tom/Matbio
MySpace

Dragondicer
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Dragondicer » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:23 am

MatBio wrote:Well thanks for the response. I guess I'm not a popular fellow here, must be some of my harsh reviews. Does this mean that my days here are over?
No, Tomas, no, no, no!!!
THAT drawer is occupied by me already, and there's no space for two, har, har, har!!! :twisted:
0 x

tonyoci
The Force
The Force

Post by tonyoci » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:40 pm

I still plan to listen, but probably not until I get back to what I loosely call "work" on Monday.

I think listening to all these songs and commenting which is "better" is not a simple task.
0 x

Unstablxxx
The Force
The Force

Post by Unstablxxx » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:56 pm

MatBio wrote:Well thanks for the response. I guess I'm not a popular fellow here, must be some of my harsh reviews. Does this mean that my days here are over?
They'd better not be, Tomas... we need you around here for:

1) Great blues music
2) more critcal ears than most of us
3) Cool gizmos to lust after
4) Interesting tone checks on your equipment
5) Cool guitar playing
6) A nickname that confuses noobies, Matt
7) Interesting collaborations
8) Perfect and near-perfect mixes

Alright.... enough of that... you get the point... stick around...
0 x
Mike
-
-
Rocketing towards 5000 posts without a care in the world!
-
-
My solo music | My Eljam music | My Studio Tour | Vocal Effect Demo | Kristal Tutorial

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:05 pm

Tomas,

to be totally honest, I don't think any of them really showcase your playing, at least not enough, I voted for Strange as it was the best of the lot to these old ears. the rest are good, but nothing outstanding, nothing that would make me say, "wow this guy can play!" If I remember correctly,my feeling was that it tseems most of them rely heavily on the lyrics, (from what I remember listening at work Friday Morning) they are good songs, but not a showcase for your playing.

Not sure if that is what you were looking for but thats what I think of when you want a "showcase". i.e. in my case if I wanted to showcase my sax playing I would not pick Shoretown, yes it's my most favorite song, but its not a sax showcase, Dark Alley would be my choice there, or Pot o Gold.
0 x