Posting Guidelines (please READ THIS before you post a song)

The place to post your NEW home recording. Please tell us what you recorded with, and be sure to comment on music by other board members. Please avoid posting songs on controversial or divisive topics. Read the Guidelines before making your first post.
Forum rules
If you post a song, please listen to and comment on other songs. Be positive and helpful. Have fun. Read the Guidelines before making your first post. Thanks
Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Posting Guidelines (please READ THIS before you post a song)

Post by Zoetrope » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:49 am

We all want to hear your NEW* music, and we want to know how you made those great sounds. So with that in mind here are some helpful guidelines.

[*Note: New doesn't mean old. New doesn't mean ancient. New means NEW!!!!]

Rule Number 1: You MUST listen to and comment upon other people's songs if you want to post a song. That's just common courtesy. If someone does a hit and run post ("Hey guys, I'm Mr. Great, glad I found you guys, here's 50 songs I did in a studio 10 years ago, tell me what you think") you will be arrested and brought to justice.
:flush:

Rule Number 2: In the post title please include (in no particular order):
  1. The name of the song
  2. What you recorded on (PS-04, PS-02, Toneport, MRS, whatever)
  3. Whether it's a cover or original
  4. Any other pertinent details you can fit
Example of good post title: It's Not That Easy Being Green, PS-04, cover, punk :P

Example of bad post title: OMG LISTEN TO MY NEW SONG!!!1! :evil:

[Note that the word "New" is redundant, since this is the New Songs forum. "Listen to" is redundant since, what else you gonna do with a song?]

Your link should be to the actual song or a page that has the song in an obvious place, NOT to a website with many links, none of which is obviously the song you want people to listen to. Make it easy for everyone else, and you will get more listens and comments.

Here's how to make a link using BBcode

Code: Select all

[urlx=http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=4978470]The Ballad of Racer X[/urlx]
which looks like this: The Ballad of Racer X

In the alternative, just post the URL as plain text and it will magically become a live link.
http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=4978470

Do NOT try to upload your song to this forum. It won't work unless the file is teeny tiny.

And please please please listen to and comment on other people's songs if you want them to do likewise.

Rock on. :metal:
:wink:
Last edited by Zoetrope on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

jormar
member in good standing
member in good standing

Posting Options

Post by jormar » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:50 pm

How do I post a song without using SoundClick or MySpace?

Thanks,

jormar
0 x

Omegaman
The Force
The Force

Post by Omegaman » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:34 pm

songs are technically not posted here, but links to songs are posted. The songs are hosted elsewhere, soundclick is one option, freewebs or other free hosting services, or on your own website.

HTH
0 x

Frodis
been here a while
been here a while

Re: Posting Guidelines (please READ THIS before you post a song)

Post by Frodis » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:08 pm

I really like that you kept the percussion line sparse. It would have been really easy to overcome the light feel of the song with a drum line that was too heavy.

I, also, like the distinct 'Paul'-ness of the song.

Regards,
Mike H
0 x

topographic
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: Posting Guidelines (please READ THIS before you post a s

Post by topographic » Sat May 12, 2012 8:02 pm

Hey Zoe, I've posted about 30 songs on this forum, and I've read these guidelines everytime, just as you asked. Could you change the wording, please? I'm really getting kind of bored with it :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
0 x
"An artist is somebody who produces things that people don't need to have."
(Andy Warhol said that, I think.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chB_KFdVGdM&feature
https://www.facebook.com/melodic.poprocktrio

All recordings made on a ZOOM MRS-802CD or an HD8 using either an Audio Technica 4040 or a Shure Beta 57A.

Guitars: Martin D-18V, Martin OM-28V, Martin D-15, 2006 American Deluxe Butterscotch Telecaster, a 1996 "Candy Apple Red" Strat, and a souped-up Epi Les Paul.

"The rambling stream of consciousness stuff seems to have been replaced by much more coherent material..."

"Although the Razr got it, my Xoom didn’t get the facial unlock with ICS or Jellybean."

Sungodv: "I was with you until the part about the grass in the sidewalk...."

"Glad you kept it short."

m24p
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Post by m24p » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 am

Also, if you're big on urlx links, you could make your example here be urlx. :cowbell:
0 x
Hi Zoetrope! [url=http://soundcloud.com/m24p]Soundcloud[/url]

Zoetrope
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zoetrope » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:21 am

Good point. Updated.
0 x

bakertown1
been here a while
been here a while

Post by bakertown1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:33 pm

Since 'myspace' seems to have 'gone south', I've just uploaded 6 of my original songs to soundclick. How do I make a link here to 'just one of them' since if I put the link up it will show all 6 songs displayed on the page?
0 x

voclizr
The Force
The Force

Post by voclizr » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:01 am

bakertown1 wrote:Since 'myspace' seems to have 'gone south', I've just uploaded 6 of my original songs to soundclick. How do I make a link here to 'just one of them' since if I put the link up it will show all 6 songs displayed on the page?
On your SC music page, click Full on the end of the song title you want to take us to. When that opens up, copy/paste the URL of that page into your message here.

It's not necessarily a requirement but using the urlx= tool in the posting menu is appreciated by all because it opens up your song in a new window in the browser, hence, we don't have to use the BACK button to get back to your review page here. You use it thusly (omit ? in actual use)

?What you want to call link

I hope this helps you. Looking forward to hearing your goods. ;)

:D
0 x
John B
Lenovo Core i5 4460 Desktop PC (Windows 8 64 bit), Focusrite Scarlett 6i6, Nektar LX61 Keyboard MIDI Controller, Avantone Pro CV-12 tube condenser microphone, JBL LSR308 8" active monitors.
Sonar X3 Studio, Reason 7,
NI Session Strings, Miroslav Philharmonic, Garritan JABB 3, EZ Keys, EZ Drummer, Trillan Bass Module

My Soundclick
My Bandcamp