R8 - Trim function trick - change bpm

Discuss the Zoom HD and R series. Please don't "post and run". Participate in the discussion. Thanks.
crowley

R8 - Trim function trick - change bpm

Post by crowley » Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:05 pm

While cursing my inability to press a button of a device in time with the metronome - I did some more fooling around with the Trim function.

It seems to be tied into beats/bars - and not the microseconds like you could slice on the MRS8.(?)

If you are constantly coming in late - - you want to slice some off the front to bring your take forward (you may be wishing to assign it to a loop pad and drop it in as per Henk's excellent Sampler tutorial.)

Say yr BPM is at 90 - record your take - curse yourself again for not coming in when you wanted...

now up yr BPM to the max - 250(?)

Go into Edit and Trim take -

You will see your Wave Form spread over over a Bar template of 250 bpms - that means the slices you can now trim are much smaller than the minimum slice you could chop off at 90 BPM - is it 12/48s of a beat?

Perform your teensy trim - then amend your BPM back to its normal state.

This may be in the manual I don't have it at hand to check.
1 x

gofishduo
Jedi Zoom Master
Jedi Zoom Master

Re: R8 - Trim function trick - change bpm

Post by gofishduo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi! Great find crowley! That's what yah call thinking outside the square! For that...I am promoting you to 'inspector'......................keep up the good work!...sideshow bob
0 x

electrochrisso

Re: R8 - Trim function trick - change bpm

Post by electrochrisso » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Nice trick you found Crowley, thanks. :)
0 x